P-72 Styrene-Copolymer Chlor-Alkali Membrane Cell Room Pipe Systems
- P-72 Special Thermoplastic pipe is special process piping for Electrolytic Cells in the production of all Chlor-Alkali Chemicals. P-72 is a proprietary compound developed by Prince.
- Unique higher heat deflection temperature than CPVC or Polypropylene, and in many cases can be used without FRP overwrap, for additional cost savings.
- Many long-term service temperatures exceed 220°F (104°C)
- Size range: 1/2” to 12”
- Up to 36″ diameter available, subject to a minimum extrusion run
Reliably bond with nipples, fittings, or pipe risers, as required.
Special P-72 Double-Boss Header Systems
- Catholyte & Anolyte inlet headers, depleted brine chlorine outlet headers, caustic/hydrogen outlet headers.
- This system eliminates the problem encountered trying to tap into pipe walls that are too thin to make a strong, reliable joint. The extra thickness of the Double-Boss provides the wall thickness to reliably accept Nipples, Fittings, or Pipe Risers, as required.
- P-72 Double-Boss Headers with FRP overwrap provide additional structural strength and durability.