Diaphragm Cell Grid Covers
The Grid covers are used to protect the copper grid from corrosion during the electrolytic process.
Mark lll HB Series, with Fluoropolymer Armor
- To be used with synthetic diaphragms, where extended service life (≈4 years) is essential.
- Grid Cover Elastomer: 6962 Special EPDM, 1/4″-thick
- Panacea® F230LP Hot-Bonded Fluoropolymer Armor
- High chemical resistance and impermeability
- Bottom Seal available in:
- 6055 Special EPDM, bonded to blanket
Mark ll Series
1. Grid Cover Elastomeric compound options, 1⁄4” thick
- 6962 Special EPDM, peroxide-cured
- 6760 Special EPDM, sulfur-cured
- HK-94 Special EPDM, sulfur-cured
2. Bottom Seals
- 6055 Special EPDM Ribbed, Easy-to-Seal. Available in 1-1/2″, 2″, 3″ Widths. Custom extrusions are also available, subject to production minimums.
- Half-Round available in 3/4″ or 1/2″-thick
3. Perimeter Drip Retainers
- EPDM Triangles or Half-Rounds, available in 3/4″ or 1/2″ widths
- Triangles or Half-Round perimeter retainers can be adhered to the top or bottom of blanket
- Minor leak retention
- Drip concentration
- Ease of lifting/carrying